Have you been considering a career in videography? Or do you simply want to create videos for personal consumption? If so, you must have seen how pricey some video equipment can get if you are already shopping around. This post will let you in on some tips on where to buy cheap video equipment.
So what is included when you say complete video gear? It depends on what type of videographer you are. Sometimes, you’ll see people shooting videos on their smartphones. After all, many smartphones of today have very good specifications. More professional videographers would also professional equipment. These pieces of equipment but not necessarily mean that they are expensive or that they should be the latest models. If you know where to look, you might be able to find some cheap video equipment that can get your videography career jumpstarted.
What Are Some Video Equipment You Should Have?
Once again it depends on the type of videography jobs
Like to take. When you want to be a professional videographer, the following are some of the most important equipment that you need to have in your gear.
1. Camera – of course, you need a camera for you to shoot video footage. The camera varies depending on what you can get or afford.
2. Lights – also important especially if you are going to shoot at night time or in a place where light is not as good as it is outdoors during the daytime.
3. Tripod – if your hands are usually shaky or if you simply are going to be shooting long footages, then this would mean that you would need a tripod to hold your camera and keep it stable.
4. Extra Battery and Memory Cards – when you know that you will be shooting a lot of material on that day then you would be needing extra batteries in memory cards too.
Cheap Video Equipment You Can Buy
I want to buy cheap or budget-friendly video equipment, you can always search online because many online stores are now offering these video equipment for cheap. Of course, it depends on the brand that you’re getting and the model of the camera that you will be buying as well. If you were just starting, you don’t have to buy the most expensive camera unless you have the budget for it. You can look at these online stores and compare the prices of each camera model so it’s not going be difficult to find the most budget-friendly choice. Also, you can try searching for second-hand video equipment that is still good enough for you to show it more videos that you will be uploading or posting on your social media account or your business page.
Whether you aspire to become a professional videographer or want to try a new hobby, you must learn the basics of videography. The following tips will help you record videos like a pro and will give them an instant boost in quality.
1. Keep the Camera Steady: A shaky camera is a clear sign of amateur work. You can also invest in a tripod for steady videos. However, if you are required to move along the object or person, you can practice a steady camera holding.
2. Record – Close-up, Medium, and Wide: A newbie videographer tends to capture everything from a corner of the room, far away from what’s happening. Test different angles. Always make sure to get close-up, medium, and wide shots to add variety to your video. You can open a sequence with a close-up shot, switch to a medium shot in the middle, and then end with a wide shot.
3. Abstain from Unnecessary Zooms and Pans: One of the most common mistakes newbies do is zooming at every shot or pan across the horizon. The result of either action can make viewers dizzy. Unnecessary zooms and pans will draw attention away from the action.
4. Pay Attention to the Audio: It’s not only the video that is important, but the audio also makes half of the recording. Keeping track of audio you’re recording makes it possible for you to avoid capturing unwanted sound clips.
5. Use Editing Software: There is a lot of free video editing software to help you practice editing your videos. They range from simple to complex so you can practice at a certain level and move to a different one when you master a trick or method. Play with the software as often as possible. The more practice you get, the easier it will be for you to learn the basics and tricks of good video editing.
Did you know that there are plenty of video editing apps you can try using straight from your Android device? Whether you are using an Android smartphone or tablet, you can eaasily use these apps to edit videos you shot from your phone or elsewhere.
Nowadays, a lot of people are getting creative and resourceful when it comes to creating and editing videos. Gone are those days when one would always have to get the help of a professional. Especially for simple video posts, you can easily just shoot them on your phone or camera then edit them.
Many of these video editing apps are free to use. However, most of them leave watermarks or allow you to use limited editing tools until you buy a premium version. Nevertheless, they are still very useful and worthwhile. Check out the video below to see some samples.
Here at the Static Tech Video Guys blog, we highly recommend checking out these apps so you can learn how to edit videos on your own. Especially if they are only for personal use or if you’re simply sharing those videos in your social media account, these Android video editing apps should be good enough.
However, if you will be using your video for business purposes such as sponsored posts or ads, it is still ideal to call a professional to help you out. More often than not, you only get one shot to impress potential customers. You don’t want to ruin that shot by releasing inferior looking videos.
You can learn more tips as we go along. Just watch out for our new updates in the future. Hopefully the above details helped you out!