Whether you aspire to become a professional videographer or want to try a new hobby, you must learn the basics of videography. The following tips will help you record videos like a pro and will give them an instant boost in quality.
1. Keep the Camera Steady: A shaky camera is a clear sign of amateur work. You can also invest in a tripod for steady videos. However, if you are required to move along the object or person, you can practice a steady camera holding.
2. Record – Close-up, Medium, and Wide: A newbie videographer tends to capture everything from a corner of the room, far away from what’s happening. Test different angles. Always make sure to get close-up, medium, and wide shots to add variety to your video. You can open a sequence with a close-up shot, switch to a medium shot in the middle, and then end with a wide shot.
3. Abstain from Unnecessary Zooms and Pans: One of the most common mistakes newbies do is zooming at every shot or pan across the horizon. The result of either action can make viewers dizzy. Unnecessary zooms and pans will draw attention away from the action.
4. Pay Attention to the Audio: It’s not only the video that is important, but the audio also makes half of the recording. Keeping track of audio you’re recording makes it possible for you to avoid capturing unwanted sound clips.
5. Use Editing Software: There is a lot of free video editing software to help you practice editing your videos. They range from simple to complex so you can practice at a certain level and move to a different one when you master a trick or method. Play with the software as often as possible. The more practice you get, the easier it will be for you to learn the basics and tricks of good video editing.
Will you be editing with your Android device? Here are some video editing apps you can try!